Guidance and Counseling Philosophy
The philosophy of the Middle School counseling program is to assist all students in developing the life skills necessary for a healthy and productive future. Our focus is the student’s overall success and adjustment to the demands of school. The counseling program encourages a student’s social, emotional, and personal growth as they continue their development through the middle school years.
Available Counseling Services
At the Middle School we provide individual and small group counseling for students. School counseling is short-term, voluntary, and confidential. Students may stop by the office and speak with Mr. Dryfuse anytime during the school day. Mr. Dryfuse can be reached at the following number:
Mr. Dryfuse - 419- 484-5067. Mr. Dryfuse works with all BMS students grades 6-8.
A message may be left at any time on Mr. Dryfuse's school voicemail and he will return your call as soon as possible.
What are the benefits of school counseling for parents?
As a middle school counselor, I will assist parents by:
- Helping you understand your child’s progress in school.
- Suggesting strategies to help bring about a change in your child’s attitude or behavior.
- Helping you understand the educational programs available to your child.
- Assisting in developing realist behavioral and academic goals for your child.
- Providing information on community programs and services that may benefit your child and family.
How does a counselor work with other educators in the school setting?
As a member of the Middle School team, the counselor will assist classroom teachers by conducting student observations, reviewing student records, supporting students as they work to change troublesome behaviors, and when appropriate, referring families to outside community agencies.
Local Area Resource Guide